What makes BIOLASE Dentists so cool?
New dental technology and techniques such as with BIOLASE Dental Lasers, allow patients and dentists more gentle, simplified and efficient dental care, so that you can spend a shorter, more relaxing time in the dental chair with less need for local or even general anaesthesia. Dentists are known to be very skilled with their hands, therefore good tools and technology with the precision of BIOLASE lasers is an ideal tool for modern dentists. The job gets done quicker, neater, cleaner with advanced results. Procedures are less traumatic to the tissue and yourself. Less down-time and numb lips are also part of the experience!
Waterlase Dental Lasers
These all-tissue laser treat soft-tissue & hard-tissue (teeth & bone).
Truly amazing lasers that remove diseased tissue for periodontic needs (gum disease), peri-implantitis or endodontics (root canal) with outstanding results that save more teeth.
Waterlase dentistry is one of the most advanced dental treatments today. This premium all-tissue laser uses a unique patented combination of laser energy and water spray and can perform many procedures without an injection or a drill, hence it being perfect for paediatric dentistry and kids of all ages. Waterlase dentistry is used for cavities, oral surgery and mouth sores, repair treatment for gum disease and peri-implantitis, excellent endodontic cleaning and disinfection. Waterlase is highly recommended for modern dental treatments, and especially for anxious dental patients.
High Powered Waterlase iPlus (larger Waterlase) a.k.a. “The Ferrari of Dental Lasers” features more power when needed to get through tougher enamel. Find a Waterlase Dentist.
Lasers for use in dermatology, ophthalmology and cosmetics have been around for years and so has the Waterlase dental laser, but is a patented laser technology using “Hydrophotonics”. Waterlase is cleared for numerous dental applications which can be performed on both pediatric and adult patients. Waterlase Dentistry is one of the most advanced dental treatments available today. Waterlase uses a patented technology that combines focused light energy with a gentle spray of water for a highly precise, exceptionally gentle dental experience. Waterlase Dentistry allows dentists to perform a wide range of procedures with the following benefits.
- Virtually Painless, More Natural Dentistry
- Accuracy & Precision
- Reduced Trauma
- Less Bleeding & Swelling
- Fewer Dental Visits
NEW! Fractional Ablative Dermatologywith Waterlase iPlus is a new feature launced by BIOLASE whereby the same advanced laser energy (Er,CR:YSGG) and water atomisation is delivered through one handpiece to achieve highly effective ablative fractional skin treatments, while feeling gentle compared to other fractional ablative skin rejuvenating lasers and other technology. Waterlase truly brings revolutionary skin treatment to the aesthetics practice in a new minimally invasive way with less pain and downtime due to the patented combination. Waterlase doctors are specially trained to perform Waterlase aesthetics to treat your skin for resurfacing, wrinkles, pigmentation and scars – easily, without need for anaesthetic and less down-time.
Certain lasers allow your dentist to:
- Repair Cavities without the Drill [Waterlase Laser]
- Avoids heat, vibration, pressure and micro-fractures associated with drill
- In time when anesthetic can be avoided
- Reduce bacteria at the cavity site
- Perform Advanced Soft-Tissue Treatments [Waterlase Laser / Epic Laser]
- Improve your smile health and look
- Remove oral growths
- Fix a “tongue-tie”
- Prevent gum recession
- All with little to no numbing
- Reduced bleeding and stitches
- Less to no swelling and inflammation
- Less post-operative discomfort
- Non-surgical Laser Bacterial Reduction / Perio Pocket Therapy [Epic X / iLase Lasers]
- Oral Hygienists and Dentists can perform this non-surgical treatment as an adjunct to traditional scaling and root planing to fight potentially dangerous bacteria
- Reduces post-treatment bleeding
- Eliminates bacteria that could enter the bloodstream during scaling and root planing
- Stress-Free & Gentle Gum Disease Treatment [Waterlase Laser & Epic Laser]
- Gingivitis, Periodontitis & Advanced Periodontitis [Waterlase Laser]
- REPAIR Perio Treatment is a clinically proven laser protocol used to manage gum disease, either in a small area or throughout the entire mouth. [Waterlase Laser]
- Significant Advantages:
- Minimal recession compared to conventional treatment
- Helps preserve tissue and bone (studies show tissue and bone regeneration through laser stimulation)
- Removes tartar from the root surface
- Promotes more rapid healing
- Minimizes swelling and reduces post-op discomfort
- Peri-Implantitis Treatment [Waterlase Laser]
- REPAIR Peri-Implantitis Treatment is a clinically proven laser protocol used to manage peri-implant disease, for one or more implants in your mouth.
- Significant Advantages
- Decrease tissue recession
- Restore bone loss
- Reduce post-operative discomfort
- Minimize bleeding
- Keep implants longer
- Root Canal Treatment [Waterlase Laser & Epic Laser Combined – Dual Wavelength]
- Cleans and disinfects root canals faster and more effective than only with conventional methods
- Effective on the highly resistant Enterococcus Faecalis – to reduce re-treatment risk
- Waterlase laser energy locates more canals
- Waterlase removes infection-harboring instrument smear layer
- Significant Advantages:
- Superior disinfection with combination of Waterlase and Epic laser’s deep penetration
- Minimally invasive access with more patient comfort
- Greater efficacy
- Improved long-term results
- Faster recovery
Benefits of Lasers over Conventional Surgery:
- Less Blood: Lasers have an ability to seal blood vessels thereby achieving hemostasis
- Less Swelling: Lasers seal lymphatic vessels, so decrease post-surgical swelling
- Less Pain: They seal nerve fibers thereby reducing operative and post-operative pain
- Minimally Invasive: Reduces mechanical trauma to tissue
- Less scarring and greater precision: Because of the monochromic coherence qualities (single wavelength with all light waves aimed in a single direction (collimated) and all in phase with each other)
- Anti-bacterial: Reduces bacterial counts thereby promoting predictable healing with minimal post operative inflammation